Things that matter and how to measure them
- Time : How you spend it. Are you doing what you need to do or what you want to do. are you doing the mandatory things or the things that wont give you any benefit. For example : Is all your time going into leisure and entertainment vs is it well spread into eating right , working , resting , learning and socializing. Going back to the question it is easy to spend hours on not doing the thing that needs our most attention and spending it doing nothing or procrastinating or stalling. It just steals more time away by the time one has no more opportunities to stall. Doing
- Money : How do you use / spend it. This does not apply to people struggling out of certain circumstances like loss of jobs , unemployment and any sudden financially draining event. how you spend it when you are comfortably placed is the question. it is a better practice to save first then spend rather than spend first and save later. NO, this behavior doesn’t let you lose out on things , in fact it enables you to spend on things you need without having to wait and also allows you to invest further or invest in yourself. No, you do not need the latest gadget on the very day of its existence, you can wait it out and lets say it is the one thing you always wanted , the savings will already have you in good stead rather than spend using credit. How many months worth of expenses do you have is alsoa good way of measuring where you stand and what level of uncertainty can you face and also provides an idea of the extent to which you can take risks. On a side note do not take risks in stuff you cannot logically understand or on the basis of word of mouth with the assumption that it will work out in your favor. People believe that money is never to be lost , but some chances don’t pay off and you might lose money on good decisions too, in a way savings also lets you to invest and experience the lose /earn cycles. And if you can afford , always invest a small amount maybe even 2–3% of what you save or earn to get into the habit sooner.
Work in progress
- Knowledge :
- Mindset / Level of procrastination : How big is it a task to get you into doing something.
- People : Kind of people you know, kind of people who know you and the reputation you go by.
- Health : What you eat , how active you are
- Prioritization skills:
- Communication skills : Not Language , but ability to explain or express clearly
- Ability to learn : how quickly can one learn newer things.
- Speed of learning:
- Morals / Values :
- Basis of Decision Making and Thinking skills :
- How gullible one is or How easy is it to be misled :
- Self Awareness :
- Resilience : Maybe ability to handle stress
- Listening Skills :
- Sense of Essentialism: